25–31 May 2015
Join the celebrations in Creatubbles
Topic:Arts Education for Sustainable Development
What are you planning to do to celebrate the International week of Arts Education 2015 / 3th week of May ?
Send us your Ideas , We will map the events all around the world.
Join the celebrations in Creatubbles
Let’s start planning and sharing!
SPIRIT OF EDUCATORS
SubmissionForm Artist(s): COMMUNITY 22 WOMEN Country: INDONESIA Title of the work: SPIRIT OF EDUCATORS Media: ALL OF ART WORKS ARE MIX MEDIA Short description of the work: COMMUNITY 22 WOMEN WOULD LIKE TO TELLS A COMMON SITUATION AS A EDUCATORS
From Finland ( University of Helsinki, Faculty of Art Education)
From Spain ( Angeles Saura, 3th Edition of Entangled Exhibitions to celebrate the UNESCO International Arts Education Week)
From Galicia, Spain
Acción: “Sementando SOLes… recollendo soños das artes na educación”
Alumnado da Facultade de Ciencias da Educación da Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (materia Educación Visual e Plástica I: Contextos e Metodoloxía Artística) sumouse a esta acción de reivindicación da educación artística achegando os seus soños como futuros docentes.
Ademais dos soños que se foron espallando pola facultade, ofrecéuselle a toda a comunidade a posibilidade de amosar as súas inquedanzas sobre a educación partindo da pregunta “Que che gustaría cambiar?”. Como metáfora desa necesidade de cambio, de medrar, de empurrar as emocións e construír utopías, regalamos sementes de xirasois, unha pranta que busca a luz e sempre está disposta a re-adaptarse para facerse visible.
From Olusegun Adeniyi, Nigeria
FROM InSEA South East Asia and Pacific Region
- Wednesday May 27: 4.00 – 6.00pm – Brisbane Symposium – hosted by the Arts Education Practice and Research SIG & Queensland University of Technology
Arts educators and researchers are invited to attend a forum being held QUT, the Woodward Theatre, QUT Kelvin Grove Campus. Our speakers include:
* Dr Julie Dunn, Associate Professor, School of Education & Professional Studies, Griffith University
* Dr Margaret Barrett, Professor and Head of the School of Music, University of Queensland
* Dr Michael Dezuanni, QUT Deputy Director, Children and Youth Research Centre
* Tamara Winikoff, CEO, National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA)
* Avril Huddy – Lecturer in Dance, QUT Creative Industries
- We hope this event can maximise opportunities to light up the lives of Australian children, young people and diverse audiences through the arts.
“Shine a light” on your arts and educational research, teaching, initiatives and projects. At the event will also feature snapshot presentations of arts education practice and research, which can be submitted by AARE members across Australia. This could be a photo from a project and details, a new publication or report, or summary of key findings. Collated PowerPoint slides will be documented for further dissemination and advocacy including sharing at the 2015 AARE conference. We are requesting that you only include images that can be shared publicly including via the Internet. The date for submission has been extended so please send two PowerPoint slides, clearly identifying the author(s) & institutional affiliation by Friday 22 May to Dr Kim Snepvangers.
- Thursday May 28: 6.00 – 7.15pm – University of Melbourne Event – The University of Melbourne is holding a special UNESCO Arts Education Week event and Reconciliation Week event at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education on Thursday 28 May from 6-7.15pm. The UNESCO Observatory for Arts Education will launch a special edition e-journal on Indigenous Education in Australia. With a stellar panel lined-up, including Mick Dodson and Mark Rose, this is a terrific opportunity to hear thought-provoking discussion from leading experts.
- Friday May 29: 10.00am – 12.00 noon – Public Seminar – Arnold Aprill “Collaborating for arts rich classroom experiences” – University of Southern Queensland. Featuring internationally acclaimed arts and education expert Arnold Aprill of the Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE). (Please see attached flyer)
FROM TAIWAN R.O.C
「向『藝術與美感教育』致敬（Re-inventing Art & Aesthetic education)」
4rd UNESCO International Arts Education Week, May 18-24, 2015!
By Jo Chinug Hua Chen, InSEA Asia Council
Location: Taiwan, Visual Aesthetic Education Program FB
整合型「視覺形式美感教育實驗計畫」-總 （MOE Integrated Experimental Projects in Visual Aesthet
Activity Title: Re-inventing Art & Aesthetic education
Activity Contents: share artwork by selecting one of the themes as the follows
(combine “Raw Material Project” and “UnderdLights”)
Theme 1: free expression—share and upload new/or old artwork in any
style. (indicate “Title”, “Year of making”,
Theme 2: UnderdLights-follow the guideline of https://educationthroughart.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/underdlights/
Participants: a total of 106 art teachers and/or artists will participate,
At least 106 images will be uploaded, shared and collected and
publish through issuu.com after authorizing.
Method: one person point one another (friend or who he/she knows) to
upload and share artwork